Church of St. James the Apostle (Chiesa di San Giacomo Apostolo)
The parish church of St. James the Apostle was built at the site on which the ancient castle stood.
It preserves the medieval apse of the pre-existing building, dedicated to St. Stephen, mentioned-united with the very ancient Romanesque church of St. Michael, demolished when the cemetery was enlarged-in the 1041 diploma with which Emperor Henry III listed the churches pertaining to the Church of Asti.
The bell tower is in Romanesque form.
Comune di Azzano d'Asti
- La Chiesa Parrocchiale di San Giacomo Apostolo
BeWeb - Beni Ecclesiastici in WEB
- Chiesa di San Giacomo Apostolo